Re: Idle hunt be gone....well, mostly

>Hey all, Al (w/ the green Reiger) stopped by yesterday and gave me an assist
>with my ever persistent idle hunt problem, turns out I had the damned idle
>screw too far in the TB, soooo..... after a minor adjustment, my idle is
>running at 80% perfect!
>
>Finally got my door speakers recessed, now all that's left is to build the
>rest of my system, rebuild this fuel distributor, and a few other dozen
>things.....
>

>oh yeah, before I call the dealer, anyone have some extra windshield
>sprayers they'd be willing to sell me? and maybe those grill-thingies that
>stop leaves from going into the hood?
>

>TIA!
>
>Dan

Among many other new things, there is a new tech procedure on scirocco.org that
discusses CIS-E idle problems, diagnosing them, and how to fix them.  It was
originally published in European Car 7 years ago, so it's alright. ;)

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net