Re: MK1 seals again plus rain gutter plastic

The trim on my '78 was black painted aluminum.  It was a pain to put back on
when it was available.  Now that it's obsolete, the stuff I found comes from
TAP Plastics.  It's the "U" shaped plastic door trim material.  Comes in
black with an adhesive inside.  Best applied in a warm environment.  Cut it
longer than needed because it will shrink over time.  Relatively cheap, so
don't sweat it if you mess up.
GL.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://member.aol.com/sailingfc/

tberk@mindspring.com writes:

UrGTI@aol.com wrote:

<snip>
> Also has anyone ever removed the rain gutter black plastic? I tried to a
> little and it snapped like uncooked vermicelli. Can I assume this is
obsolete
> too?
> Jasin
> MK1 S
> CA spec

You _might_ be able to get the real thing BUT I have considered two
thoughts;

1. Edge trim from various sources comes in black ABS type material,
cut to length.

2. Roughen and paint with a thick rubbery substance like the stuff
used to dip handles into, it also come in a spray can.