From: Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2002 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Re: Was: Stretch bolts vs. studs... Valve springs]

Okay, a question, when my head was rebuilt , my "partner in crime" (the
mechanic who rebuilt the head) suggested titanium retainers and stock
springs
as an alternative to the heavier springs (and that's what I have). Any
comments? Nobody seems to mention this option, is there a reason? My engine
is
only mildly modified (Euro cam, emissions legal) at this point anyway, but
that was the goal of the person initially posting IIRC.
Cathy