16v timing woes...

----__JNP_000_61a3.1e12.5a28

First, take the belt back to where it was. (ie. stock location)  Then,
make sure the distributor is bolted using the top bolt hole toward the
front of the car, and the rear bolt should be in the bottom hole.  Crank
the dist. all the way clockwise and then back off  about 10 - 12mm.  This
should get you close enough to get it started so that you can fine tune
it.

PS. The hall sender *IS* pointed at the 7:30-8 o'clock position from the
drivers fender isn't it?

Eric
"Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!"
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v
AOL IM:  OneSixV
http://www.geocities.com/onesixv

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:58:33 -0800 "Jason Adams"