Front sway bar location

It occurs to me, especially after all this recent talk of sway bars, that I
dont remember how it goes in there.  Roughly it is a large squared off "U"
shape.  2 mounting points on the outer area of the control arms near the
wheel but does the "U" shape extend forward?... it must.  Then it should
have 2 pivot points/bushings way up under the radiator area right.  Or is
that upside down?  BTW I am going to try to stick with the one that came w/
my 15V "parts" car.  I know there are better ones out there.
Neuspeed/Autotech but that will have to be a later upgrade as $ allows.
Thanks for any info.
Ken