Why won't my fan turn on?

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C1C03C.0168CA20

I noticed the recent post regarding the fan that won't shut off.  Sure =
do wish I had that problem.  My fan will run when the defrost is on, but =
will not run automatically as it should.  I replaced the thermostatic =
fan switch (on the radiator) and the fan still doesn't kick in =
automatically.  I haven't worried about it because it's all of 18 =
degress outside here in northeast Ohio right now, but at temperatures =
above 55 or so, the car does start to heat up in city traffic.  The =
defrost will kick on the low speed fan, but that doesn't entirely do the =
trick (doesn't cool enough).  What I can't figure out is why the fan =
will kick on when defrost is turned on.  That tells me at least the low =
speed is functional.  I'm guessing maybe there's a relay that I'm going =
to have to track down.  There's a nasty, tired looking relay up towards =
the radiator that I suspect.  I'll have to start fiddling with it when =
it gets warmer outside.

I finally switched to 20w50 by the way...no more oil buzzer/light at or =
below 2000 RPM.

One final thing...  I'm looking for some opinions on exhaust systems.  =
Mine is solid, but it is also rigged up and doesn't fit all that well (I =
think the previous owner did it himself).  I've had an exhaust place do =
some work on it and it's better than it was (less rattle).  I guess what =
I'm asking is, what's a good after-market exhaust system for a =
daily-driver?  Performance is always good, but frankly I'm more =
interested in price.  If I could get a little of both, I'd be happy.  =
Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks
Warren Price
88 16V    =20

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C1C03C.0168CA20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I noticed the recent post regarding the =
fan that=20
won't shut off.&nbsp; Sure do wish I had that problem.&nbsp; My fan will =
run=20
when the defrost is on, but will not run automatically as it =
should.&nbsp; I=20
replaced the thermostatic fan switch (on the radiator) and the fan still =
doesn't=20
kick in automatically.&nbsp; I haven't worried about it because it's all =
of 18=20
degress outside here in northeast Ohio right now, but at temperatures =
above 55=20
or so, the car does start to heat up in city traffic.&nbsp; The defrost =
will=20
kick on the low speed fan, but that doesn't entirely do the trick =
(doesn't cool=20
enough).&nbsp; What I can't figure out is why the fan will kick on when =
defrost=20
is turned on.&nbsp; That tells me at least the low speed is =
functional.&nbsp;=20
I'm guessing maybe there's a relay that I'm going to have to track=20
down.&nbsp;&nbsp;There's a nasty, tired looking relay up towards the =
radiator=20
that I suspect.&nbsp; I'll have to start fiddling with it when it gets =
warmer=20
outside.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I finally switched to 20w50 by the =
way...no more=20
oil buzzer/light at or below 2000 RPM.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One final&nbsp;thing...&nbsp; I'm =
looking for some=20
opinions on exhaust systems.&nbsp; Mine is solid, but it is also rigged =
up and=20
doesn't fit all that well (I think the previous owner did it =
himself).&nbsp;=20
I've had an exhaust place do some work on&nbsp;it and it's better than =
it was=20
(less rattle).&nbsp; I guess what I'm asking is, what's a =
good&nbsp;after-market=20
exhaust system for a daily-driver?&nbsp; Performance is =
always&nbsp;good,=20
but&nbsp;frankly I'm more interested in price.&nbsp; If I could get a =
little of=20
both, I'd be happy.&nbsp;&nbsp;Any recommendations are =
appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Warren Price</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>88 16V&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C1C03C.0168CA20--