MK1 experts...

--=======2556183C=======

At 01:55 PM 2/25/02 -0800, Cory Langford wrote:

>Okay this one goes out to all those mk1 eficianatos out there...
>

>2.  Option 2 is ripping the wiring harness out of the '82 beater.  I
>figure the '82 shared almost all the drive train of the '81 with a
>different body.  So this may be an option.  Any one happen to know if
>the '82 and '81 engine harnesses are the same?

Why not just update all wiring to MkII; That's what I did with the '81
This involves using the MkII dash and repositioning the spade terminals
for the headlight connectors(easy).

>3.  Anyone done a Auto to Manual tranny conversion on a MK1? I have a
>spare FN tranny with 90mm flanges to drop in, what else is needed
>besides the pedal set?  Can the Pedal set from a MK2 fit into the MK1 or
>are the pedals MK1 specific?

Yes.  I have MKII pedals and MC and Brake booster all out of the same 16V
donor.
You will need the shifter mechansim, mounting plate, rod to the front end,
the little
deal that clamps onto the steering rack(have heard some are welded though).

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Just rolled 100K
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.