MK1 experts...

Okay this one goes out to all those mk1 eficianatos out there...

I am probably going to have a look at that MK1 that was posted earlier
that had the engine fire.  I know engine fires tend to cause a nice mess
when it comes to what is left of the wiring.  So, I have a few questions
about engine swaps, etc.

1. If the car is going to need a complete harness then I thought a 2L
passat 16V swap would be in order.  Quick run down on any major things
to consider when stuffing this engine into the MK1.  IE: Clearance
issues, etc.  If you have done the swap let me know so I can pick your
brains :)

2.  Option 2 is ripping the wiring harness out of the '82 beater.  I
figure the '82 shared almost all the drive train of the '81 with a
different body.  So this may be an option.  Any one happen to know if
the '82 and '81 engine harnesses are the same?

3.  Anyone done a Auto to Manual tranny conversion on a MK1? I have a
spare FN tranny with 90mm flanges to drop in, what else is needed
besides the pedal set?  Can the Pedal set from a MK2 fit into the MK1 or
are the pedals MK1 specific?

Possibly another project under the way......

--
Cory Langford
'86 Oettinger turbo project