MK1 experts...

> Okay this one goes out to all those mk1 eficianatos
> out there...
>

> I am probably going to have a look at that MK1 that
> was posted earlier
> that had the engine fire.  I know engine fires tend
> to cause a nice mess
> when it comes to what is left of the wiring.  So, I
> have a few questions
> about engine swaps, etc.
>
> 1. If the car is going to need a complete harness
> then I thought a 2L
> passat 16V swap would be in order.  Quick run down
> on any major things
> to consider when stuffing this engine into the MK1.
> IE: Clearance
> issues, etc.  If you have done the swap let me know
> so I can pick your
> brains :)
>
> 2.  Option 2 is ripping the wiring harness out of
> the '82 beater.  I
> figure the '82 shared almost all the drive train of
> the '81 with a
> different body.  So this may be an option.  Any one
> happen to know if
> the '82 and '81 engine harnesses are the same?
>
> 3.  Anyone done a Auto to Manual tranny conversion
> on a MK1? I have a
> spare FN tranny with 90mm flanges to drop in, what
> else is needed
> besides the pedal set?  Can the Pedal set from a MK2
> fit into the MK1 or
> are the pedals MK1 specific?
>
> Possibly another project under the way......

1. No clearance issues.
2. 81 wiring similar but not identical to 82 Where's
your Bentley?

3. Not I, but the pedals should be the same 81/82 up
until 1984 or so (this is only a guess).

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)