Is this a good theory?(was: shouldn't have turned on the A/C!!)

<DIV></DIV>
<P>Well my original message basically stated that I was driving down the road and decided to turn on my A/C.&nbsp; Once I did that, the car ran for perhaps 4 seconds, and then died and would not restart.&nbsp; The timing belt had been replaced 200 miles ago.</P>
<P>I towed it home and found that it has compression (I just had a friend stick is finger in front of the spark plug hole to make sure it sucked and pushed) , as well as spark.&nbsp; the camshaft does move(timing belt not broke)&nbsp; I also checked all the fuses, they were good.&nbsp; So that leaves fuel and timing, right?&nbsp; Well my theory is that perhaps the mechanic, who finished the car just a week ago(this was the first time I turned on the A/C since) didn't tighten the timing belt tensioner enough (or something like that), and the timing belt slipped a few teeth with the extra power the A/C compressor demanded.&nbsp; After it wouldn't start it also seemed that the starter whirred a bit faster, actually quite a bit faster.&nbsp; Could this be because the timing is making it easy on the starter(the pistons just push air out the valves, and don't have to work against compression?)&nbsp; If this is true, should my mechanic(who is a rather nice guy actually) be liable, as in he should just fix it for free?&nbsp; I don't want to sound accusative with some story that for all I know is impossible, so please tell me what you think-</P>
<P>Rob<BR><BR><BR></P>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>