[RE: OT? -- communter car search]

a Scirocco, and some people still have hang-ups over owning a car with an=

American nameplate.  I can't speak to durability, =

Sorry, I didn't go back far enough to see the low price requirement when =
commented on TDIs. I have a buddy who has had a few Neons and has been ve=
ry
happy, but we've had the heavy version (01 PT Cruiser, 40 000 kms), and h=
ave
had all kinds of major problems already (tranny, wheel bearing, electrica=
l,
etc). We'e also not impressed with the service. But the Neon guy's a happ=
camper, loves the cars and he really racks up the miles. Might not be a b=
ad
way to go, parts would be easy to find. =

Having said that, we're looking Japanese for our next purchase, hubby's
finally sick of broken Mopars (this was his fourth).