From: "Cathy Boyko" <losinit@usa.net>
To: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 12:22 PM
Subject: Re: [RE: OT? -- communter car search]

a Scirocco, and some people still have hang-ups over owning a car with an
American nameplate.  I can't speak to durability,

Sorry, I didn't go back far enough to see the low price requirement when I
commented on TDIs. I have a buddy who has had a few Neons and has been very
happy, but we've had the heavy version (01 PT Cruiser, 40 000 kms), and have
had all kinds of major problems already (tranny, wheel bearing, electrical,
etc). We'e also not impressed with the service. But the Neon guy's a happy
camper, loves the cars and he really racks up the miles. Might not be a bad
way to go, parts would be easy to find.
Having said that, we're looking Japanese for our next purchase, hubby's
finally sick of broken Mopars (this was his fourth).