laundry list: 2.0 16v into mk1

>- Motronic = Fuel system, but doesn't it also = Ignition system too?
>What of the knock sensor, Ign, coil system? Does he have the whole loom
>or going to graft to the existing Mk1?  (Ooops, you mention the whole
>setup w/ P chip. Never mind.)

Yeap, he got both knock sensors, ECU, coil, everything.

>- 2.0" cat back exhaust (larger than stock Mk1).

Car already has a full TT 2.5" race exhaust (again, bastard!).

>- If the original Mk1 Rad is used you don't need the expansion bottle.
>- If you are using the Mk1 Rad and are keeping the 16v mostly stock then
>it should handle the heat, but I might still suggest an oil cooler (not
>that stock VW nasty bit), one with a thermostatic valve in it.

Check.  I'll probably have him look after a cheap one.

>- If you are using the later Rad w/ Exp. bottle then you might look at
>those 16v only hoses and redo them, (maybe later when you cross that
>bridge) to replumb them with hoses that don't need that special 16v only
>hose ($$$).

I think the motor actually has all the hoses on it too. We can figure
something out on that.  It'll be easier since it has no A/C or PS, we'll
probably get the alternator down low so it can use the cheapass hoses.

>- How many miles on the motor? Any thoughts to a refurb while it's out
>of the chassis? Replace oil pump?

Apparently it has 80k, but I'll be damned if there ain't a lot of oil on it.
  I think we'll probably go after the mainseals and cheap stuff on the
outside and just toss it in there.

Thanks a bunch,
Joe