Oh Yeah was i am screwed

You lucky barstard.  I could have sworn that the old magnet trick
would've been a hair-pulling teeth-gnashing test of your will not to
choke the living sh!t out of your car....but you prevailed.  Good man,
and congratulations.

Now, what of that GTI tranny?  In what way is it blown?

Ron
--- doug czajka <scirocco16v@europe.com> wrote:
> Well i got that damn socket out of my bellhousing.  I had pulled the
> starter off, which didn't really help at all, and was about to give
> up, when i stuck the magnet in the timing hole once more.  I pulled
> it out and didn't even know anything was on the end of it until i got
> it out and looked down.  And there was my socket.  Sweet.  So now the
> car is up and running with a new non-leaking distributor.  Excellent.
>   Thanks for all the encouragement.
>
> Oh, and in other good news, i'll be buying an 85 GTI tomorrow for 150
> bucks.  It has a blown tranny, so i'm now sure what i'll do with it
> yet...
> --
>

> Doug C.
> '88 16v
> Raleigh, NC

> http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
>

> 1 cent a minute calls anywhere in the U.S.!

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.