16V Power

OK! I lied. I said the  bore on the 1997 Audi touring car engine was 84.5mm,
but it was indeed 85mm as pointed out by another lister(can't remember who
since I'm an old fart). The engine had a normal bore center of 88mm , so
there's only 3mm from cylinder wall to cylinder wall.
Stroke was 88.1 mm (special crank), rods were 153mm long (again custom) and
the article stated that the block was slightly shorter than a VW block so it
definitely was not the "tall" block.
Also of interest, the pistons had only two rings, one compression, one oil,
CR was 14:1. Intake valve lift was "more than 13.8mm" and exhaust lift was
over 13.5mm!!
I now humbly bow to those with a better memory than me.
Dan