Oh Yeah was i am screwed

Well i got that damn socket out of my bellhousing.  I had pulled the starter off, which didn't really help at all, and was about to give up, when i stuck the magnet in the timing hole once more.  I pulled it out and didn't even know anything was on the end of it until i got it out and looked down.  And there was my socket.  Sweet.  So now the car is up and running with a new non-leaking distributor.  Excellent.   Thanks for all the encouragement.

Oh, and in other good news, i'll be buying an 85 GTI tomorrow for 150 bucks.  It has a blown tranny, so i'm now sure what i'll do with it yet...
--

Doug C.
'88 16v

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup