Downsizing Front Rotos to 9.4s was: Autox for Cincy Sunday event?

Cheapass Ron Pieper wrote:

> OK...so whatcha think of my brainflash to downsize my front 10.1"
> rotors to A1 GTI-style 9.4's, with the idea of being able to fit some
> Diamond 13x8's (wnen I can afford them, after I gets a new job and
> all).  I haven't checked to the nth degree, but I believe this is legal
> in DSP since 16V Golfs and Jettas (same line) had 9.4's up
> front...didn't they?
>
> Ron

If you go w/ GTI rotors (they are vented)- I wouldn't go with any others
unless maybe those Atomic slotted ones. Def not stock solid.

SS lines, flush the lines w/ all new brake fluid, redo the rear drums w/
a new ATE spring kit--- Good to go.

TBerk