leaking heater core

Word of caution:  If it is leaking (or spraying) when it is cold out your
windows will fog up very fast with a nice sticky (but good tasting!) goo
which is very bad while driving! Trust me on this one, it may be wise to
leave a window open just a tad.  BTW:  I had a leaking heater core which
was fixed for a long time (years) with pepper...  I know everyone hates to
hear that but its better than that radiator goop.

Another useful mod: I installed a ball-valve on the heater core return line
so I can completely shut it off.  I did this because the heat always seemed
to be on even with a replacement heater valve.

Ben
86 8v