[OT] The right weight OIL was: The Golf lives!!!

jp43044 wrote:

> Just when I had pulled out a large amount of hairs form my head, I figured
> out what was wrong with my Golf.   I'm sure I deserve a good caning for it.
> Looking back to thge last oil change done during a trip the "Quick Lube"
> joint I went to put the wrong weight oil in.  This car won't run on anything
> but 20/50.  They had 15/40 in it.  I know it seens like a small amout of
> difference but Buford knows, and reacts in bad ways. So now we have the
> 20/50 in there and all is well, life is good.
>
> Erik
> 88 16V Scirocco ($2003 Challange Race Car)
> 88 Golf (Urban Insult Vehichle)
>
> ---------

15w40 and the car wont start? (Lets see- 88 Golf = 8v A2, it's a 8:1
compression block, right?)

I have always liked 20w50 dino oil myself, I use 15w50 in the Roc (Mobil
1 synth) most of the time. The last time I went across country I had
Redline it it but it's more $$$.

Can you relate your location and the regular temps the weather has been
dealing you? Is it too cold for the motor to spin right or something?

TBerk
puzzled