OT: spin recovery

Considering it's a fish tail situation the answer is prob. unwelcome:
it's the intuitive overcorrecting. (I'm directly avoiding talk of ice-
I'm a 'slip on water only' type guy)

What to do? Two things come to mind: one is harder; at exactly the right
moment you swing the wheel against the upcoming counter swing. This is
exactly a wrong feeling thing to do as it will feel like you're going to
add to the current swing- it is very hard to do. Especially in the
middle of a crisis.

Easier to do but _still_ counterintuitive is to change the speed of the
correction frequency. This can be as simple as not turning the wheel at
all (although this may lead to driving off the road) and as complicated
as the 1st one listed, although in the 1st one you are timing things
juuuust right.

Now, with all this confidence inducing talk <not> how to implement it?

Training class. X-mas present might be a road course for the wife (you
can tack along too, but say it's for her :])

My brother went for one of these courses as taught by Bob Bondurant
(he's since moved to Texas, or is it Arizona? Bob that is) and he showed
me some of this stuff years ago. Since then I have been playing with
cars when I can (parking lots etc.) when there isn't much to hit.
Recently I got ahold of a RWD car and I need to unlearn some things.

Anywho, sometimes there isn't much to do but ride it out but consider a
course at a track with some expert instruction, it's not just for race
car drivers anymore.

TBerk