too much brake?

Dave Ewing wrote:

> I think the most VWs are overbraked from the factory and the only
> time you need to increase the braking of a VW is when you add a
> considerable amount of HP.

Hmm..

The Mk4 cars have decent brakes, but my 337 has the bigger rotors,
Pagid pads, and vented rears directly off the Audi TT, and they're
a HUGE improvement over garden variety GTIs/Jettas.  Definitely not
too much brake!

The 337 also has the 6-speed MQ350 tranny right out of the TT 225q,
and accompanying 320mm clutch (the new 24v VR6 also gets this box).
That plus the brakes and a REAL sport suspension setup from the
factory, plus the 18" BBS RC's with Pilot Sports - a helluva lot of
true performance hardware for a STOCK VW in the USA.  About freakin'
time!

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA