fueling q

I did this several times on my MK1's, at the time I had a 2bbl webber carb n
manifold set up, basicly I got the engine bay cleared of the fuel infection
(hehehe) pluged the fuel return line to the tank, installed a oem mechanicle
fuel pump (off a carb rabbit) and installed the carb set up (on mine I had
to grind a lil material off the manifold where it interfered with the
exhaust manifold. Hooked up tension return springs, fuel lines, in-line fuel
filter and removed the electric fuel pump (replace with 4" of metal fuel
line) and started it right up. I liked how it sounded too with carbs (kind
of a growl) Anyway, I would not try to get mechanicle pump from PEP Boys,
they sold me one once that they insisted was correct and it snapped my
intermidiate shaft (blackmen was the part manufacture). I also have a buddy
that had a nice duel deLorto set-up which looked really nice on the engine.

Hope that helps some.
-E