Headlight shield (was RE: Euro high beams?)

> I like the idea of the lense sheild, but what breaks lenses are high
> velocity rocks, not the craps that fades th lense front.
> and as much as that
> plastic film (4mm thick) can try, a rock at 100+ MPH coming
> right at you, wil crack any headlight you got.

There's nothing you can do to protect them in all situations.  When
lady luck's against you, you will lose every time.  But, as Cathy
said, it's cheap insurance!  5+ years for my Euro lights, and 3 years
for Cathy's Beetle fogs says something about it.

I can't say if I was just lucky or if the headlight shield
contributed, but:

1. Semi truck backs into drivers front of Scirocco, bending bumper,
breaking turnsignal, and breaking headlight adjustors - no damage to
headlight.

2. Less than a week after fixing above, grocery cart rolls in to
passenger front of Scirocco, breaking turnsignal and breaking
headlight adjustors - no damage to headlight.

This would make a great tech procedure for your Patrick!  Install
headlight shield and try shooting it with a pellet gun from 20 ft! ;)

Greg :) 1985 Scirocco 2.0L 8V
http://www.DriversFound.com
http://www.GAKMotorsports.com