5, count 'em, 5 gears in my '77 now!

----- Original Message -----
From: <Cmr446@cs.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 10:31 PM
Subject: 5, count 'em, 5 gears in my '77 now!

>   Swapped out the tranny in the '77 rocc for a later FN 5-spd, and while I
> was there I threw in TT tuning's three-position short shift kit and
bushings.
>   Problem I can see right now though is that on the rocco, the fuel lines
are
> routed right behind the passenger side control arm, where the front sway
bar
> mounts up. What do I need to do to avoid crushing the fuel lines and yet
> still mount the bar?

I experianced this.  When I swapped in the 16v suspension, the rear most
part of the control arm bracket wanted to go right where the fuel lins are.
Just like you said.  I just had to unhook the lines form the nearest 2-3
rubber clip things so I could have some movement to play with and got a pipe
bender and tweaked them this way and that to go around the problem area.  It
doesn't look very good but it'l have to do for now.  I can send a pic if you
are interested.
Ken
1979 Scirocco  "McFly"
16v conversion "...it's working....It's WORKING...!"
tracing electrical gremlins now...
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"