Quaife

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:41:16 -0500, you wrote:

>How can I tell if my transmission has a quaife installed.  Quite some =
time
>ago there was a thread about a "quick" check.  If someone remembers =
please
>drop me a note so I can check my transmission.
>Thank you
>Jim

Dynamic test: Find a nice stretch of white concrete, preferably
inclined. Rev motor, dump clutch.  Equal length tire marks indicate a
Quaife. :-)

Static test: IIRC if you have both front wheels jacked up in the air
and turn one by hand, you should feel strong resistance and the other
wheel will turn the same direction with Quaife.  Without, the wheel
will turn easily and the other wheel will rotate in the opposite
direction.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9
http://home.att.net/~gforbess/scirocco/scirocco.htm