strut bearing replacements?

Car in Q: '81 16v conversion. Seems Its likes to blow out the front bearings
pretty quickly. I hear a metallic rattle from the front drivers side when I
hit a bump in the road. So I am assuming thats the problem.

I called Mark at Adirondak today and he has the early strut bearings from
the early MKI's and dashers, but no rubbers.
Any suggestions for sourcing such things?

(I tried the pharmacy... wrong type of rubbers  :)

Julie Macfarlane
(Web Developer, Unemployed)
Albany NY
Charter Member "Scirocco Anonymous"