Quaife

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Jim Mikesh
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 7:41 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Quaife

How can I tell if my transmission has a quaife installed.  Quite some
time
ago there was a thread about a "quick" check.  If someone remembers
please
drop me a note so I can check my transmission.
Thank you
Jim

Unbolt one of the inner CV joints, preferably the passenger side, pry
the little puck seal out, and then look for a small dimple in the center
of the output shaft. The stock differential has a 10mm threaded hole,
and the Quaife just has a small centered indentation.

Peter