[tech] Help diagnosing an 8V?

> OT- Black Belts in Martial Arts came about because you had you White
> Belt long enough to turn it black. Wasn't meant to signify _anything_.
> 8P

Heh!  That's cool!

> > I believe my thermo-time switch is broken.  I didn't get any resistance
from
> > it when the engine was cold, which means it's probably never turning on
the
> > cold start valve. <snip>
>
> OK, no resistance in the valve itself. But is the thing getting 12v to
> the heating element when cold? Other half of the test.

Good question.  I ran out of time yesterday to check that.  Hope to do it
soon-ish.  (Dunno if I'll be able to scrounge up the time to tinker with it
tonight...)

> > that the rubber sheath on the line between the fuel filter and the fuel
> > distributor had some visible cracks in it.  Could that be letting
unwanted

> If it was truly cracked you'd get the ol' flammable fountain of death.

That's what I thought, but I figured I'd better ask to find out for certain.
:)

Thanx!
Mike Carlson
'84 Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition (slightly ill)
'95 GTI VR6 (daily driver again)
http://www.divergent.org/mikes.vws/