Speaking of rice

--- Scirokn InVirginia <scirokn@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Last night, channel surfing MTV's true life was,
> "I'm a street racer".
> Kid had 50k in his Acura Itegra, it was a 2.0 liter
> Vtec puttin out 200hp
> pre bottle and 320 with the NOS. Took him 3 runs to
> win his cash back but
> blew his motor doing it. Another kid in a 4-door
> Accord was smokin everybody
> and running about 110 mph at the end of his 1/4
> blast, through LA
> neighborhoods.......NUTS!
>
> Since I'm on the topic of motors, can anybody
> suggest a good performance
> guide book for building the 1.8 8v?
>
> Jon Palm
> 85 Frankenroc

Greg Raven's "Volkswagen water-cooled, front-drive
Performance Handbook is pretty good." I hear there is
a newer version out. Mine is from when the 16V was
new. I'm in the same boat you are. I have two 1.8 16vs
motors, and they both need some work. Most people have
advised me to go for the 2.0 conversion. I'm not out
to blow people's doors off. I just want maybe 160-170 hp.

=====
Jorel Jackson
web site:  http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jomoj/
1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos