Failed Smog in CA: need help s/ 88 16v

I failed smog and would like some tips on how to get
my baby to pass. The problem is w/ the idle emissions.
I failed both HC PPM (462) and CO% (4.78) with
terrible scores. I have a hunting idle that's always
been there since I've owned this car which will be
2yrs in september. I don't understand how i passed
2yrs ago and fail now when really nothing's changed. I
alway use 91 octane if thats any consolation.

Things that I plan on doing:
- replace sparkplugs
- clean out the air filter (k&n, no not sure if i'm
better off leaving it dirty)
- use a fuel additive to clean fuel system
- pay someone to set the idle and fuel mixture
- replace the O2 sensor
- clean the idle stablizer w/ some Gumout

Any comments/suggestions?

I'm in san jose.