Heres one Q for ya!

Sounds like to me that something is hooked up to the headlight switch
incorrectly or the switch itself is fried inside. I'd try swapping a switch
in and if you notice any weird wires that looks like someone hooked them up
themselves I'd check it out further.  Other than that, the light systems are
very basic.  Power to the headlight switch via the fusebox and then from
there it's distributed to all the lights (also via the fusebox) including
the dash lights.  Let us know how it works out!!

Dave