Was Re: Horney Devil vs Monster Rocc, now Ron's GTI dilemma

--- Brian McGarvey <brianm@earendel.org> wrote:
>> > Alls I know is, either will whup pore Victor.  :(
> Thats not too hard.. after all the girlie car did it! :-)
> 2.0L topless bunny runnin STOCK 1.7L CIS-lambda, timed to dead stock
> :-)
> brian
> just pokin fun...
> Did you decide about the GTI?

Yes, I lost to (once?) fat-hiney BigMac in his Cabby with the 2.0L that
*I* even built, and he had a bad clutch as well.  Victor went down
hard.

For those who don't know, I've been bugging a guy at work for about 5
years to let me take his GTI off his hands...an '84, one owner, unhit,
original paint, no mods car (well some stereo mods, that's it).  Now,
he's near to buying a new GTI and guess what, the '84 is mine when he
sells it (soon).  To top it all, I've been bugging Daun about a MkI for
ages, he's been coming through BIG time, but mommas says tonight, "the
deal was you get *one* car to play with, not one for driving and one
for autocrossing" so a two-car strategy is OUT.   I'm leaning towards a
2.0L in the 'roc, drive the GTI for awhile during the project then move
it along.  Thoughts anyone?  Boy I like A1 GTI's....but it's not a 'roc
now, is it?

=====
Cheapass Ron
'87 Scirocco 16V ('Victor')