16V Engine sputtering after rain

--------------971564714652CF28FBF69F5F

Wires? Check in the dark, wet wires and look for arcing.
John

DEMETRIS RAPTIS wrote:

> i checked everything, poped the distributor cap , it's dry. checked
> the control unit ( Jetronic box) for shorts per Bentley, it's OK. then
> i started troubleshooting the Ox sensor. It gets 12V, it gives out
> anywhere between .5-1.3V but when I unplug the green OX sensor wire,
> the engine doesn't sputter. can the Ox sensor be bad? it's still
> putting out voltage, it's heating element is good ( checked with
> ohmmeter).

is good ( checked with ohmmeter).</font></font>

  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><b>From:</b>

RAPTIS</a> ; <a href="mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org"; title="scirocco-l@scirocco.org">scirocco-l@scirocco.org</a></div>

AM</div>

after rain</div>
&nbsp;<font face="Arial"><font size=-1>my car sputters like that everytime
I start it for about 1 min, then the idle goes to about 2k, falls down
to 4-5 hundred.&nbsp; It repeats that a few times then levels out at 950.&nbsp;
I haven't been able to figure out what the hell is causing it yet.&nbsp;
Sometimes if I manage to give it some gas and keep the r's up around 1500
for about 40 seconds she will level out just fine after that.&nbsp; When
I first got the car I had similar problems when it rained, I found that
the PO had put on the el-cheap-O autozone ditributor cap so I replaced
it with a Bosh and haven't had rain problems since.&nbsp; Let me know what
ya find out cause it's pretty embarrasing when the car sputters like that

    style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><b>From:</b>

PM</div>

rain</div>
&nbsp;<font face="Arial"><font size=-1>i got caught by heavy rain yesterday.Couple