Help!!!(OT) Passat Problems

YES!!! there is a recall, but it only covers a few Passats.  However, many
Passat owners have been able to have the recall applied to their cars
because they have the same heater core part # (all B3 Passats do).  So call
VAG and tell them the situation.  Before that, though, go join the Passat
owner's group (you don't have to sign up to recieve via e-mail) so you can
read through the list archives and collect names and info on people who have
done this.  Shouldn't be hard to find ten people to back you up.

They are just trying to keep lazy people from cashing in on the recall.
Don't be one of them!  A couple of people have tried to get reimbursed for
heater core replacement costs, and I think they have been successful, but I
can't promise that.  Check out the archives on the "vwpassat" list at
egroups.com a.k.a. yahoo groups.

BH
'95 Passat GLX
'00 GTI GLX
'87 Scirocco
none running well this week. argh.

>From: JoshuaA.Conner@VerizonWireless.com
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Help!!!(OT) Passat Problems
>Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 18:11:07 -0400
>
>I just got off the phone with my very trusted mechanic (Steve @German
>Village Autohaus) just informed me that my heater core from my '93 Passat
>GLX VR6 is blown.  Which would explain why coolant dumped on the drivers
>side floor by my feet by the way.  Wasn't there a recall/lawsuits about
>this?  My mechanic said he vaguely remembers this.  Alas he does not do
>heater core replacements anymore( for any amount of money).  Any one got
>some info?  I dont think i can afford to pay to have the dash taken apart
>for heater core replacement right now.
>
>Joshua Conner
>Verizon Wireless
>Dublin Customer Care
>ext. 6165
>coolj@vtext.com

"Take your time, do it right. Be patient. ZEN baby."  Shawn Méze