Reconsidering...

--- Larry <rocco16v@netzero.com> wrote:

> For $6KCDN, you can buy a 'roc that shouldn't need  any
> more bucks spent on it!!!!

I beg to differ.  I don't care what car you purchase, it's
a used car, therefore something is going to need attention.

   The more likely scenario is
> a clean, sound car for about $3000 that will leave you
> some cash to replace worn parts and get some nice
> cosmetics/upgrades (wheels, tires, etc.)

Best option.

> You can pay the whole amount up-front ($6K car), in which
> case you'll probably get a bargain, since you'll be
> paying about ten cents on the dollar for the good stuff
> the PO paid for.

Well, you'll get the mods "cheaper" but - see my previous
statement about it being a used car.

> Get the 'roc.
>
> Too many people on this list are ready, willing, and able
> to help you with good advice and sources of hardware at
> good prices.  You will ALWAYS  find support.

Agreed.  "It's not a mailing list, it's a support group."
Learn it, live it.  :)

Get a 'roc - you won't be sorry.  Just do your homework
first.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace