  From: gareth martin=20
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 7:04 PM
  Subject: Reconsidering...

  Hello All,

  Thanks everyone for your input on the purchase of my new Scirocco. =
Unfortunately most of the feedback was regarding all the money I would =
have to spend on this thing. I love the Scirocco, but at the same time =
I'm on a limited budget. I can only spend roughy 6K CDN and with all the =
costs people have been warning me about frankly I've been scared off a =
bit. The one I'm looking at already extends my budget dramatically as =
the guy wants 6.5K. Any suggestions? Should I purchase more of a fixer =
upper than this nice, already prime looking car? I have also been =
considering Jetta's and Golf's. Any insight? Would I really regret not =
purchasing this car? I would be parking it on the street for the summer =
which also concerns me!

  Thanks

------=_NextPart_000_0119_01C1EEF3.41D18BC0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Gareth-</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; Don't let the $$ scare you =
off.&nbsp; If you=20
don't have it (the money), you can't spend it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What we are commenting on is the fact =
that, if you=20
are like most of us, you will <EM>want</EM>&nbsp; to fix the little =
bugger up=20
since they give so much satisfaction when they are running sweetly and =
looking=20
good.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>For $6KCDN, you can buy a 'roc that =
shouldn't=20
<EM>need</EM>&nbsp; any more bucks spent on it!!!!&nbsp;&nbsp; The more =
likely=20
scenario is a clean, sound car for about $3000 that will leave you some =
cash to=20
replace worn parts and get some nice cosmetics/upgrades (wheels, tires,=20
etc.)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You can pay the whole amount up-front =
($6K car), in=20
which case you'll probably get a bargain, since you'll be paying about =
ten cents=20
on the dollar for the good stuff the PO paid for. Or you can pay full =
price for=20
stuff <EM>you </EM>put on/replace ($3K car).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Get the 'roc.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Too many people on this list are ready, =
willing,=20
and able to help you with good advice and sources of&nbsp;hardware at =
good=20
prices.&nbsp; You will ALWAYS&nbsp; find support.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Larry&nbsp;&nbsp; =
sandiego16V</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A href=3D"mailto:garethdalziel@hotmail.com"=20
  title=3Dgarethdalziel@hotmail.com>gareth martin</A> </DIV>
  href=3D"mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org"=20
  title=3Dscirocco-l@scirocco.org>scirocco-l@scirocco.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, April 28, 2002 =
7:04=20
PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Reconsidering...</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>Hello All,</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Thanks everyone for your input on the purchase of my new =
Scirocco.=20
  Unfortunately most of the feedback was regarding all the money I would =
have to=20
  spend on this thing. I love the Scirocco, but at the same time I'm on =
a=20
  limited budget. I can only spend roughy 6K CDN and with all the costs =
people=20
  have been warning me about frankly I've been scared off a bit. The one =
I'm=20
  looking at already extends my budget dramatically as the guy wants =
6.5K. Any=20
  suggestions? Should I purchase more of a fixer upper than this nice, =
already=20
  prime looking car? I have also been considering Jetta's and Golf's. =
Any=20
  insight? Would I really regret not purchasing this car? I would be =
parking it=20
  on the street for the summer which also concerns me!</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Thanks</DIV></DIV><BR clear=3Dall>
  <HR>
  Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://g.msn.com/1HM101601/41";>http://explorer.msn.com</A>.<BR>__=