020 tranny ?

the gear oil was just dark brown (not metallic looking or anything in it) it
only took 1 and 2/3 quarts to refill tho, i thought it was supposed to take
like 2.1.  there is no sound if i leave the shifter in neutral, when i push
the clutch (which is still stiff) and move the shifter into first it is a
buzz that is about as loud as the running engine, when i move it into any
other gear (including reverse) it is about twice as loud if not more. the
cap on the end of the transmission is unharmed.  i have not let out on the
clutch while it was in gear because i dont want to tear anything up.  i live
in advance, NC but i really wish someone could check it out.  i probably
just did some stupid tiny mistake when i was reinstalling the transmission
and engine.

thanx,
tony