pulling engine without hoist?

--- Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- fryer <alienj@bad-candy.com> wrote:
> > is there an easy way to pull a 1.8 jh engine without
> using a hoist
> > or a lift? or shoul i just bite it and rent one?
>
> Yes.
>
> Daun just lets them drop onto the ground (on purpose).

Well, dropping isn't exactly the term I'd use.  Lowering it
out the bottom, yes.

> Brian McGarvey and I dropped one also, but the drop part
> was an
> accident.  I made a bridge out of two 2x4's that goes
> across the lips
> on the inside of the fenders (see it here
> http://w3.one.net/~rapieper/bridge.html - it's a dumb
> page but it shows
> what to do).  The eyebolt and screw don't work for
> dropping the engine,

I beg to differ.  :)

Of course now Ron's storing his engine hoist in my barn so
that makes it easier for me.  :)

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace