pulling engine without hoist?

--- fryer <alienj@bad-candy.com> wrote:
> is there an easy way to pull a 1.8 jh engine without using a hoist
> or a lift? or shoul i just bite it and rent one?

Yes.

Daun just lets them drop onto the ground (on purpose).

Brian McGarvey and I dropped one also, but the drop part was an
accident.  I made a bridge out of two 2x4's that goes across the lips
on the inside of the fenders (see it here
http://w3.one.net/~rapieper/bridge.html - it's a dumb page but it shows
what to do).  The eyebolt and screw don't work for dropping the engine,
but ratcheting motorcycle tiedowns work wonderfully.

Just be sure that it's SECURED to the bridge at all times!  They fall
quickly (9.1m/s2) and that can make a big ouchie.

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.