ND plans

--- Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com> wrote:
> We are now inside a month before the ND show.. time
> to start shoring up plans
> for the caravans and such.
>
> The consensus for the SoCal group is now to depart
> on Friday evening at 7pm
> from Virtual World, rather than Thursday as we did
> last year.  This will save
> us all 1 day of hotel expense and likely make it
> easier for more of you to
> meet up with us en route on Saturday (Doty, Craig,
> etc.).
> Doug and I were discussing Saturday evening plans,
> and kicked around the idea
> of simply meeting everyone at a pre-determined
> restaurant site - Chili's,
> whatever.. or we could just meet at the hotel and
> head someplace from there.
> This is open to suggestion - any ideas from you
> NorCal folk?  Also it would
> be nice to do some sort of a mountain cruise late
> Saturday afternoon after
> we arrive.. TBerk and the gang, could you possibly
> organize the locals for
> such a gig?
>

> --
> Kevin Collins
> Huntington Beach, CA
> '86.5 16V 2.0
> '00 Passat GLS 1.8T

Kevin-

This thing is coming up fast. Fuck- my car is in the
same shape it was last year (and the year before
that). I guess I will show it, still have not decided.
I will not be racing on Sunday as this in now my only
mode of transport.

There is a decent and large Mexican restaurant in the
strip mall right across the street from the Hotel. If
I can get a head count for Saturday night I can
reserve us a space there.

Too bad we won't be partaking in the cart racing on
Sat at SpeedRing. That is a good time. I have been
there a couple of times and it is a blast. It probably
be better another time because it is going to be very
crowded and with 14 racers on the track it think it
would be too much. I have always raced with up to 8.

hoping for another good time and lower temps.

=====
mark hausler
'81 scirocco s