I'm going to shoot my car with my .45

My

>From: "Jerry Carter" <killmurder_@hotmail.com>
>To: "scirocco list" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Re: I'm going to shoot my car with my .45
>Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:47:19 -0700
>
>yes, it very well could be.. hope not though, those things are expensive!
>also, as far as I know(which is only my '81's) cis systems don't have an O2
>sensor... I think the CIS Lambda does, but I'm pretty sure that CIS-E
>does... since I have no knowledge on the Ox sensor, anybody willing to lend
>a hand on this one?
>
>Jerry C
>'81 Sciocco
>'81 Scirocco S
>http://www.techography.com/scirocco

'81 with CIS has an O2 sensor. It is only a single wire, no preheat type. I
ran with a bad one for a long time. Trying to adjust the engine was
impossible. I ran very rich.
your problem is only under load right? If the car is in neutral, and you rev
the engine it is fine, cold or hot.
The problem MUST be simple. Most likely not electrical.
Is your timing right? (My dist is moving and it acts like you discribe. Talk
about a PITA...)

Julie Macfarlane
(Web Developer)
Albany NY