Audi turbo 5-popper into the back or my Roc

Hi all...
Got a crazy idea, i want some feedback and some tips
from anyone who has anything to tell me.
Ok, my dad loves audis, and used to have an 87 5000 TQ
which i occasionally got to drive. Now i've been
looking at numbers, and i want to convert my Roc to a
mid-engine setup... I was thinking if one were to
mount an audi turbo-5 transversely (a la pre-VR6
eurovans) behind the seats, there should be a decent
amount of room for it... And there's a junkyard near
me that will sell any engine for $200.00... And my
dad's agreed to start digging for a good candidate
with me, figuring that if we start on the engine
before cutting up the Roc then we will still have time
to back out if we decide we're in over our heads, and
probably even sell the motor for a profit. Basically,
I need:
-Tips from anyone who's done a twin- or mid- engine
Roc
-Advice on good places for the big stuff, like an
engine hoist / cherry picker(or if someone near SF bay
wants to loan me one for a day, i can come back to
this issue once the engine's done, ie, build it up on
sawhorses or something)
-knowledge of scary things that might happen if i'm
not careful enough
Also, if anyone would like to get their hands dirty,
you Bay Area folk are welcome to come along next time
i go digging... Thanks all!