[tehc] engine swap

> Well, it isn't CIS or any variation of it. I guess
> Motronic.

Isn't it actually "CIS Motronic"? CIS, but with much
more brains than CIS-E? Not an expert here, just
relaying my (perhaps inaccurate) knowledge.

> Not worth the effort unless you intend to do a bunch
> of mods to it

"There's no replacement for displacement!" Minor mods
on a 2.0 will raise the bar higher than a 1.8. If you
actually use the x-flow head, you have even higher
potential yet.

Neal

--- Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Well, it isn't CIS or any variation of it. I guess
> Motronic.
> Stock it'll get you 115 HP. About what your 1.8 8V
> would get with real
> minor mods.
> Not worth the effort unless you intend to do a bunch
> of mods to it and
> in that case why not just do the mods to the engine
> you have?
> just my $.02.
> Dan
>
> ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:
> >
> > OKay I found an engine, 98 Jetta 2.0L Crossflow
> (8v) is that a monotronic
> > engine or CIS/CISE?
> > i was quote 550$ for a complete engine, is that a
> fair price, and what HP
> > should I expect out of it (only 37K on engine)

=====
~Neal