[tehc] engine swap

> > Well, it isn't CIS or any variation of it. I guess
> > Motronic.
>
> Isn't it actually "CIS Motronic"? CIS, but with much
> more brains than CIS-E? Not an expert here, just
> relaying my (perhaps inaccurate) knowledge.

Nope, the Motronic used on the 2.0 16v passats and jettas was
CIS-Motronic.  The stuff used on the ABAs is true EFI, mass air flow
sensor, crank position sensors, the whole bit.

> "There's no replacement for displacement!" Minor mods
> on a 2.0 will raise the bar higher than a 1.8. If you
> actually use the x-flow head, you have even higher
> potential yet.

Agreed...and if you win the lottery there is always the Neuspeed
Supercharger for the x-flow.... (which will be done to Katy's cabby if
suddenly a grip of cash lands in my lap).

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (Parts car again, no more DD duty)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (THE NEW RIDE)
00 Golf GL TDI (Katy is driving this for now)

-Kelli Fox