[tehc] engine swap

> Nope, the Motronic used on the 2.0 16v passats and
> jettas was
> CIS-Motronic.  The stuff used on the ABAs is true
> EFI, mass air flow
> sensor, crank position sensors, the whole bit.

Ah! Thank you.

> Agreed...and if you win the lottery there is always
> the Neuspeed
> Supercharger for the x-flow.... (which will be done
> to Katy's cabby if
> suddenly a grip of cash lands in my lap).

Eh, naw. I haven't actually seen one yet, but IMHO the
Neuspeed SC is a show car or rich boy toy. I'm NOT
saying there's anything wrong with it. It is easy to
bolt on and makes a nice bump in power, but the design
is far from optimal. Eatons aren't known for
efficiency, and there's no provision for an
intercooler. If you really want power you can build a
turbo, G60, or other engine cheaper. You could even do
an off-the-shelf Eaton with a nice intercooler and a
smaller pulley. If you don't want power enough to go
through that work, you probably don't need forced
induction anyway. The only real advantage to the
Neuspeed I can think of is that it is possibly the
best emissions-legal bolt-on if you live in a state
that does *really* rigorous testing. It's definitely a
nice option to have if you have no other options. :)

Neal

=====
~Neal