new to list

Welcome to the list Lucy,

1) the normal idle speedfor the 16v is 975 RPM (+/- 50RPM) check your
Throttlebody idle screw it might of came loose and unscrewed itself
2) what do you mean by hicups? do you mean the car starts "bucking" (like
riding a rodeo horse?)
3) a good suspension at a resonable price would be H&R Sport Springs with
Bilstein sport shocks.
4) Oil depend on temperature, I normally use 20w50 in summer (temperature go
above 100'F here) and 10W40 in Windter time.
   I use Castrol GTX non-syntechtic because I change my oil, oil filter and
air filter every 3K Miles.

ATS - Patrick Bureau
1985 8v "ATS GTX" Prowler Orange Scirocco
1988 16v "ATS 16V" Tornado Red Scirocco
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L
Web Site : http://longcoeur.com/scirocco