new to list

 hello, Scirocco fans,
 I'm a very happy new owner of a black '88 1.8L 16V
Scirocco II GTX, with lots of mods.
 I have a few problems with it, first, at idle the
engine is at 2000 rpm, I don't know if it's normal,
then in the 1st and 2nd gear level, the engine isnt
too happy, it hick-ups... then the suspensions on the
front of the car are almost broken. Can anyone
recommend what kind of suspensions should I buy ?
 And what kind of oil should I use... The previous
owner (who loved very much the car, also) recommended
me semi-synthetic Aral oil.

 Many thanks,
 LucySoft.