idle drops too fast

Check the throttle body adjustment.  I would reccomend doing the adjustment
by the Bentley directions since it actually shouldn't change but if someone
has messed with the screw (not that I would suspect anyone on this list to
tinker with things) thinking it was for the idle setting it could make the
idle drop too fast for the stabilizer to kick-in in time.  Another
possiblity is that at the proper setting, gunk build-up will close the tiny
gap that it is suppose to have so cleaning might help too.  IF it isn't the
TB and everything else checks out OK as far as the fuel supply is concerned,
the idle circuit would be suspect to include the idle stabilizer, vacuum
leaks, etc.  HTH!!

Dave