Flushing the Cooling System was: (no subject)

Lubromoly Radiator flush.  I just did this on my car with awesome results.
After adding the flush I drove it for a day, drained the coolant and did the
drain/fill/run thing with distilled water 4-5 times to remove as much of the
green stuff as possible.

Final fill with G11 and water wetter and the temp is much more consistant.  The
fan comes on only when sitting in traffic for a while.  Also the coolant light
does not flash after 5-10 miles like it used to.  What I found is the old
coolant foamed up so badly it would eventually trip the coolant level sensor.
Fairly inexpensive for *much* improved cooling... under $40 for everything with
shipping.

HTH,
Matt
'87 16v