Today's adventures with customs

What's with all the "ooot"s?  Watching too much South Park?  :)
Seriously though, no one in southern Ontario talks like that!  North of
Toronto you start to hear the "Canadian" accent, but around here we
sound like any other red blooded American, except for the odd "eh"
added in for effect...

I'm ooot of here,

Mark.

Oh ya, I just remembered another border story.  About 15 years ago when
I was working as a lot boy for a car dealership I was sent over the
border to deliver a check to a furniture store in Buffalo.  Well, I'm
happy as all hell to be out for a nice drive in a nice car, not to
mention the possibilities to do a bit of "dog fornication".   But all
that was replaced by a sinking feeling as I'm crossing the bridge.  As
I'm approaching the toll booth I realize I have absolutely NO money on
me.  The toll at the time was only 50 cents.  So I pull up to the toll
collector and explain my situation.  After himmin and hawin, he asks if
my plates are U.S. or Canadian.  After replying "Canadian", he asks his
supervisor (over the loudspeaker of course :-), who tells him to turn
me back.  So back I go, only to get a major grilling by the Canadian
customs official.  He finally lets me go.  So rather than drive a half
hour back to the dealership (and not to mention that I would look like
a complete idiot), I decided to bum some change off someone on the
street in Fort Erie...  After several strange looks, someone finally
took pity on me and gave me two quarters.  I still can't believe that I
had to go through all that BS over 50 cents!  (oh ya, I had to ask the
furniture store clerk in Buffalo for 50 cents to get back :-) -
although I don't think I needed it cause they only collect one way...